Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

Highland Park Afternoon

I spent a lovely afternoon with my good friend Shana today, starting with lunch at El Huarache Azteca #1 in her neighborhood of Highland Park. (Click on that link to go to Jonathan Gold's review of it. He didn't win a Pulitzer Prize for nothing!)

We returned to her house where we found her sweet housemate, hanging out (click to see her up close):

It reminded me of the nest sitaution (and minor tragedy) at Will's house in Los Feliz a short while back. You can read all about it here and here and finally, here.

In Shana's backyard is a peach tree:

I have never eaten a peach right off a tree and my oh my, how delicious it was! Shana sent me home with a bunch of them (as well as a big bag of lemons -- thanks Shana!) so I could do this with them for dessert tonight. I had to stop and get some vanilla ice cream as well. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I came home and put them in a bowl so you can ogle the sexy fruit.



You can click on all the images to make them bigger. Can you smell those peaches? Wow, they make the kitchen smell heavenly.



....some people call me the space cowboy.....some call me the gangster of love....

Now, why on earth is that song stuck in my head?

; - )

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?