Thursday, September 13, 2007

 

On The Mall in Washington DC

Last weekend, I spent Saturday being a tourist in DC. Here are some more pictures.

Outside the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden sits this huge Lichtenstein. (Brushstroke, 1996)

I love Roy Lichtenstein's work and I wish I knew how to speak "art" so I could tell you why. The graphics and colors and giant images pull me in. And the humor. I bought this print about 17 years ago and still love it.


Across the mall, in front of the National Archives (more on that later) is the National Gallery of Art - Sculpture Garden. And because Washington DC is designed so beautifully, I could see the Brushstroke again:

Love that.

After the museums, I sat outside and had lunch, watching people play all kinds of sports. I like how the mall is everyone's playground.


Then I walked down to the Washington Monument and later to the Vietnam Memorial and Lincoln Memorial. (More about them later.)


HOT freakin' day, and muggy. But suddenly (it seems) it is fall here in Washington DC. It's still quite warm during the day, but less muggy and less intense heat. Yesterday, in the shade in the morning it was surprisingly cool. Amazing to live in a place with proper seasons.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?