Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

Puebla -- Poquito Mas

I mentioned that Puebla had many churches, but didn't show you photos of the biggest one. It was started in 1550 (or so) and finished in 1602. I went inside but couldn't take photos. Lots of body parts, relics, etc.


Balloons go well with the church, I think.


The second night we were there, we were walking back to the hotel from dinner around 10pm and heard a great sound coming from an open garage/business door. We realized it was the newspaper, printing tomorrow's edition, so we went over and asked if we could look. And they said sure. Amazing to watch the machine at work. And the NOISE! I had to shout really loud at the guy who showed us around. It's just something you don't see every day.





I took this picture on the way home, in the apocalyptic storm, and just like it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?